Do you have some bored children at home? We have some fun yet simple activity ideas for you.
- Make Play-Doh
Pretty simple stuff almost everyone has on hand.
2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water
Mix all the ingredients together then knead it into a ball. If the dough is too dry add a tiny bit of water. If the dough is too wet add a small amount of flour and knead it in well. This homemade play dough can be played with or air-dried and painted.
2. Pick an object such as a small ball or toy and take turns hiding it around the house in different places My kids always had fun doing this. I would always get really creative with my hiding. They thought it was so funny when I would hide a purple ball on a blanket almost the same color and they would keep walking right by it.
3. Play an old school game from back in your childhood with them such as Red Rover, Mother May I, or Red Light Green Light alternatively, if you are inside Go Fish, Old Maid or war.
4. Write the start a story for them on paper and have them finish it and illustrate it.
5. Look up how to make a piñata and make one together. It can be as simple or as complicated as you like.
6. Learn a new recipe together or hand down a family recipe and really let them help prepare it. One of my favorite memories was watching my son learn how to make the bread. I have been making bread for over twenty years. I taught him to bake bread just as I was taught by my own mother.
7. Take them outside or to a park. Outdoor play is a great way to burn off excess energy.
8. Search coloring pages, print them and sit down and color with them. My children have always loved this.
This post was inspired by Mama Kats Writer’s Workshop . Click the image below to join.